7.3.07

And now, if e'er by chance I put/My fingers into glue

Saw those lines and laughed. It's so me...I can just see myself in the ER someday because I accidentally epoxied my fingers together, or my hand to my pants, or something along those lines. What can I say? I'm just brilliant like that.

As for addressing comments raised:
1. Yes, I'm aware that there is a Woman's 1-10 Scale of Female Attractiveness, but in this case, the person in question would rate about a three. So I figured I'd at least use the higher number. And thank you to the same person, for deeming me a female unlikely to dress in a provocative manner. 2. I don't hate men. Not in general. There are some very specific males whom I loathe, but they don't contribute to my positive or negative inclinations towards the opposite sex. In a way, you could say I have no men in my life; but at the same time, I have many.

And on to the actual post.

I had a test in Idiot Maths that I completely forgot about. Go me, eight million points for lack of brilliance there. What else? Lots of reading; got a new book called Mistress of the Art of Death, it was pretty good. Not great, not abysmal, but pretty good.
Speaking of abysmal, I found a great list on McSweeney's of actual comments people wrote on some poor sod's short story for a writing class. I have no idea how terrible the writing must have been, but to inspire comments such as those, it must have been absolutely horrific. (Said list can be found here)
Kinda makes me wish I had had the guts to say similar things in certain stories and whatnot in Advanced Writer's Workshop last fall.

I think that's about it. I'm still befuddled by the behaviour of the human race in general, but I have pretty much given up on ever understanding it. Oh, to be independently wealthy and therefore able to be a misanthropic shrew. But, alas, it is not to be. I suppose I'll have to settle for Keeper of Souls.
It'll do, I think.

No comments: