27.8.07

A smile that tugs upon my soul/Whispers gently in my ear

Back from Seattle/Dallas. Yes, I'm aware that they're two very different places, but I was nonetheless at both of them in the same week, which happened to be one of the best weeks of my life. . In fact, the only one I can think of that was better was the last time I was out in Seattle. So, all in all, a good time. I ended up going to a wedding, and dancing with a creepy old man, who, oddly enough, no one seemed to know the name of. I also had my first experience with Mongolian barbeque--not bad, but I think I prefer Chinese. But hey, I'm not arguing. Lots of truth-or-dare--fortunately there was no whipped cream or duct tape involved, unlike last year. Lots of hot tubbing, too, which was fun, except for the bits of grass and dirt that were still in there after Andrew's running amok in fresh cut grass. Oh! And I got to play with an AirSoft shotgun, which was great until I accidentally hit Tyler in the face. I still feel bad about that. In all, it was a great time, the only bad part was leaving them to come back here--I refuse to use the world "home", because it's not even close. I don't want to think about tomorrow, or the next day, or the day after that, because if I do, I'll only burst into tears. It's only been 36 hours or so, and I already miss them.
My keyboard sucks. Or maybe my computer has started sucking even more than it used to, because now there's a delay of at least a second between typing a letter and its appearance on screen. And no, I'm not running anything else at the moment, which is why this REALLY sucks.

No comments: