22.1.07

Haply I remember/And haply may forget

I'm out in the real world again--if Taylor can possibly be considered the 'real world.' I was released earlier today. I'm not entirely sure that it's a good thing--granted, I'm not a fan of 'inpatient units,' as they're apparently called now, but I do realise that they serve a purpose. I guess I'm just not sure at this point if the purpose, in my case, is enough.

Let me rephrase: I'm better. Kind of. Enough to function, but not much more than that. Scary thing, is I was doing pretty well, too, the last few days: it's only literally since being back at Taylor that everything's come back. So maybe it's not entirely me. Maybe it's the place. I don't know anymore.

I don't want to come across as being emo (though you're probably already convinced that I'm the biggest emo-person [not sure what the appropriate phrase is for that] on the planet), so I'm not going to continue in this vein. So on to a more cheerful subject.

The Colts won yesterday. It was a good game, except for the first quarter. Nothing quite like an 18-point deficit (21-3) after the first ten minutes of play to make a person believe it's over and that, yet again, the Colts choked in the finals. But, as he is often wont to do, Manning brought the team back in the last few minutes of the fourth quarter, and won the game 38-34.

THE COLTS ARE GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL!!!!! This is terribly exciting. I'm thrilled. I even stayed up past my nuthouse bedtime (9:30. Yes, it's very, very early, I know. But they hand out the evening/bedtime meds at 9:00, and anyone who takes/has taken Ambien can tell you that staying up much past the actual consumption time is actually quite challenging, and it's not really worth fighting to stay awake. Hence, 9:30. Staying up until 10:30, which I accomplished last night, had me hallucinating and incoherent, which is NOT GOOD if you're in a bughouse hoping to get discharged the next day) to watch the whole game. Squee! Who knows? They might even win.

I think that would be nice.

No comments: