5.2.07

Let us now praise stupid women/who have given us Literature.

Only a couple quick points.

Hung out with Michelle, and had good cake. Eight million points for good cake. And Michelle.

D&D went WAAAAY too long Saturday, but at least the encounter ended, and everybody seemed happy with what they got. I hope they're happy with what they got. They'd better be happy.

On a completely different note, the heat has still not been turned on in my room. My fingers still go numb, I still wear three layers of pajamas to bed while curled up under five pounds of blankets, and I still can't walk barefoot on my floor. This bites. If things don't get better by Wednesday, I'm going to start complaining like mad. Mostly because I'll be really mad.

I got a new book! Bekah bought me 'The Thirteenth Tale,' about which I am terribly excited (ha! no ending a sentence with a preposition! Go me!). It's received rave reviews, and looks quite fascinating. I've been meaning to buy it, but as it's a hardcover book, haven't had sufficient funds to render the acquisition possible. So the fact that I got it via Bekah is really thrilling. Yes, I know I'm a nerd for getting so excited about a book. Books are my passion and my life, pretty much. I'm sure you have an all-consuming passion, too--anime or Halo or football. Mine just happens to be books. So sue me.

Speaking of which (football, not suing), I got to watch the Superbowl with Amy, and I yelled myself hoarse. At one point, there was a group of Bears fans present, and they looked as if they wanted to beat me senseless, so I beat a hasty retreat and then continued to yell and scream at the TV. I get really into games, to the point where sometimes I forget that yelling indoors is rarely acceptable behaviour. But anyway, the point is, THE COLTS WON THE FLIPPING SUPERBOWL!!!! I'm absolutely elated, to the point where, at the end of the game, I grabbed Amy and hugged her and jumped up and down (while hugging her), yelling 'We won! We won!" (while jumping up and down and hugging her).

And I think that's it. 'Night.

No comments: