24.3.09

Blackbird, fly...

So a few days ago I was driving home from Andrew's and I saw a dead black pigeon in the road. Knowing me and my extremely morbid sensibilities, you shouldn't be surprised when I tell you I spontaneously burst into song and made up some new lyrics to the Beatles' song, "Blackbird."

Blackbird laying in the middle of the road
Use your broken wings and try to fly
All your life
You were only praying that that car would pass you by.

Blackbird laying in the middle of the street
Use your sightless eyes and try to see
But your life
Was stolen by that monster SUV.

Blackbird died.
Blackbird died.


What? I'm morbid. Also, forever and a day ago I got hold of the Black Symphony, by WT, and I watched it...and, of course, loved it. Well, not all of it. There are some parts, like the ridiculous jacket Sharon wears in the beginning, and a couple of duets that could have been better, but still...overall, A+.

No comments: