11.7.05

Under the bludgeonings of chance/My head is bloody but unbowed

At work today, one of the kids, Javier, was being obnoxious, so I began to be obnoxious to him. It startled him, and after a minute or two, he asked me why I hated him. I looked him in the eye, and said, "I don't hate you. I just don't like you much." Oddly enough, he looked ashamed of himself and then proceeded to behave very nicely for the rest of the day.

Not much else to say, other than gas prices are nuts, it's really freaking hot here, and I'm bored. Very bored. But Jenny comes tomorrow! I'm psyched. I know it's only been a couple of months, and I've gone for years without seeing friends, but...I don't know, there's something different about my friendship with her.

Oh, and since someone *cough*Austin*cough* declared that he was interested in seeing "The Published Works" of me, (oh, I like the way that sounds.) I'll probably put up part of a story. Sorry, Austin, but it'll be the same part of the same story you heard me read aloud for that final...it's the only part of the only story I have typed that I'm happy with. So, you'll just have to deal with it.

So, yeah, the good part of my (only) good story will be posted within a day or so.

No comments: