13.12.08

I won't be held down/By who I used to be

Work has been stressful, very much so lately for a variety of reasons that I'd rather not get into, but on the amusing side is that the Material Girl (the client who eats non-edibles) ate her mattress pad.
No, I am not kidding. What's left is so little that there's no way to fix it. They put it on there originally to keep her from licking her mattress and shredding her tongue, but...yeah, that kinda failed. So now we just let her lick the mattress. I do worry a bit, though, because apparently at her last residence she ate holes in two of her mattresses so I'm wondering if it's just a matter of time before she eats this one, too.
The Soap Opera that my life had become has mostly come to an end, with the occasional flare-up but for the most part it's done. A. and I talked things over and we decided (mostly I decided and he supported me) that if Z. and J. are the kind of people J. wants me to spend time with, I should probably not trust J.'s recommendations for friends. So A. wants to introduce me to all of his friends, and I actually got invited to a little surprise party for one of them because they all wanted to meet me (Lord only knows what he's been saying) but I had to pull out because it was going to be in the middle of the afternoon and I was absolutely exhausted from work. So I feel bad but there will be another chance and besides, this way I did get to sleep a little.
As a closer, ask me about the bizarre (VERY bizarre) new side effect I'm currently experiencing. You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll go "what the fuck is wrong with her?"

No comments: