29.12.08

Once I had a halo/But it caught on fire

So the meeting went well, my dad looked him squarely in the eye and smiled and told him he was welcome back any time, which was surprising because my parents (especially my dad) have never been especially fond of anyone I've brought home. It was very nice, and completely uneventful.
N. is talking to me again, though I get the feeling he's doing so more out of a sense of obligation than anything else. Oh, well. People do what they feel they must, right? Don't get me wrong, I'd love to be friends again, I'm just still a bit bitter about the whole thing. At least I'm not planning any sort of nasty vengeance, which did, admittedly, cross my mind.
Oh! Bit of a new development in my apparently not-quite-dead Soap Opera. J. (Andrew's brother, as you may recall--but then, you may not because things did get rather convoluted there for awhile) is currently blaming me for "ruining his chances" with other women at work. Well, honey, I hate to tell you this, but there are very few single women there of eligible age (one, actually), and she turned him down. For which, like I said, he blames me. She was off work during the whole drama, and when she came back I didn't tell her anything about what was going on, because she had been gone because her dad had died suddenly of a brain aneurysm. Which is when J. got the bright idea to chase after her. What respect I had for him is gone, because what kind of self-respecting, decent human being would actively pursue someone whose father just died?! And before you ask, no, he wasn't after her before he died. Only after. She turned him down, without any influence from me--I didn't learn about it until later; much later. So apparently not only am I destroying Rehab Guy's life by refusing to be his freaking saviour, I'm ruining J's life too. At this rate, I'll achieve my goal of becoming Bitch Queen of the Universe in no time flat.
On the bright side of things (wow, it took me a good four tries to spell "bright" correctly) I am no longer vomiting all over the place. My doctor checked me over, said I'm perfectly healthy except for that and the weigh loss, and ordered a whole bunch of blood tests and a prescription to kill the nausea, and let me tell you, it works like a dream.
Also I finished The Book of Air and Shadows, and while I saw the ending coming, it was still thoroughly enjoyable and I would highly recommend it to anyone with a large vocabulary or the willingness to read with a dictionary next to you for emergencies. (In case you're wondering, yes, I did have to puzzle out a couple of the words, which thrilled me to the core) Now I'm moving on to The Rose Labyrinth, which I may or may not have told you about but I bought it purely because it comes in a box. Which is cool.
And now I'm off to wait for Michelle to call so I can tell her all about my convoluted life than you are privy to unless you ask directly, and even then unless you're one of four very special people you won't hear about it, unless I'm lying. Which I will, in fact, let you know right up front, just to save time and worry.

No comments: