18.10.08

And I am overwhelmed/With grievousness and suffering

Kinda hard to believe the title came from Reese Roper, but it did...you know, Roper of Five Iron Frenzy. I got into them in junior high and high school. They were fun without crossing the line into the offensively enthusiastic, and the musicianship was good. Plus, live, the stage presence was pretty good, too. But then in high school a friend gave me a song called Space Robot Five, and it sounded eerily like Roper's voice, so I checked around, and discovered Brave Saint Saturn, his little side project. It's basically the dark side of FIF--they deal with the dark, depressing side of life, issues like death, depression, war, and so on. Oddly enough, every time I listen to songs like 229 and Starling, I feel uplifted, even though there's not a whole lot in the songs themselves to encourage you. I guess it's just nice, no; beyond nice to know that you're not alone out there.
Which brings me to my second point. Apparently my dad's friend's wife, who I've known since I was four, is bipolar. She's bipolar one, and doesn't have any other issues, but still. I asked him for her address, because I need someone to talk to about this, because with each day that passes I feel more and more isolated, more and more alone, more and more scared of having to live every day with this. Nate and M. have helped me so much with the loneliness, but this is something deeper than they have been able to reach, and I'm hoping that she can, maybe, at the very least, point me in the right direction.
Wish me luck.

No comments: