22.11.08

Change, again/Cannot be considered

So my birthday is over, thank God. I thought I'd experiment this year, and actually tell people when it was, to see if anything would change. It didn't--things once again sucked all the way round. I spent most of the day literally hiding in bed, praying for the day to end. Friday was a little better.
My sister and I went to see Twilight, and I'm kind of wishing I hadn't. It stuck to the book fairly well, but it's a low-budget movie and you can tell. Plus there are some moments of extreme melodrama that could have been done better--they're right at the climax, so they're supposed to be very serious and whatnot, and I couldn't stop laughing. I'm still planning on seeing Quantum of Solace, though, because that is very clearly not a low-budget production and it's James Bond, so you know what you're getting into.
I finally picked up Wrath of the Lich King, too, and so far it's not bad. I switched servers, though, and it's a little weird not knowing many people. At least I don't have creepy sixteen year olds following me around like I used to--it's nice not having everyone know I'm an actual gamer chick.
I picked up some books today. My dad took me to 'Kato for lunch (I think he and my mom felt bad about telling me no for the whole birthday dinner thing) and the restaurant was right near the bookstore. And I got a gift card for said bookstore for my birthday, so...yeah. I'm a little disappointed, though, that I didn't get what I asked for, which was help--not everything, just a little help--with my med bills this time round. Story of my life, I guess.
At least I have a year of peace before I have to deal with the crap again.

No comments: