2.11.08

Shot through the heart/And you're to blame

So I'm not entirely sure what to talk about now, seeing as how I don't (currently) have my headache to complain about. God, it's wonderful to be able to say that.
They changed my work schedule on me yesterday, so I got a call at 10:15 asking me why I wasn't at work, and I said I wasn't scheduled until 11. They said no, I'm scheduled at 10, so I griped and moaned about how nobody asked me before they changed my schedule, but hang on, I'll be in in fifteen minutes (aren't I a nice person?).
I'm currently re-reading this book called 'The Eight' and I absolutely love it. I picked it up a couple of years ago and I think this is my fifth time through it. The sequel was currently published which was a little disappointing because the author had been quoted as saying that she was never going to write a sequel to it. Well, in any case, the sequel is quite good--not as good as the original (but then, what sequel is?), but definitely better than some books I've read, too.
My birthday is coming up, and I'm not particularly keen on it. Granted, I've never been particularly keen on my birthday, so it's not like this is something new and unusual that will make people sit up and go, "wait, what?" Unless, of course, they're not entirely familiar with me, in which case it probably will. This year I believe I shall ask my parents to help me pay for my CT scan. My dad will be livid, of course, but I'd much rather the help than something impractical like clothing or shoes or some such.
I suppose I really ought to go do something else now.

No comments: