9.11.08

If you got bad news/You wanna kick the blues

Not actually in a bad mood, despite the ever-nearing Doomsday. But I've decided to buy myself an early birthday present this year, as actually more of a "congratulations on surviving 24 years (almost)" gift rather than a "happy birthday to me" deal.
On the bright side, I figured out the whole stupid weight-loss deal. Topamax makes people lose weight sometimes. And we all know how I am with side effects, don't we? Luckily, I'm done with the stuff on the 21st, so things should stop then.
On another bright side, I want to tell you a bit about a teacher I had way back in the day. She was cool; very cool, actually. She's the one who first got me into singing, and while I had always loved to read, she's the one who really encouraged it. I haven't seen her since I was twelve, and she's always been my favourite teacher. I mean, Ms. Kathie and Dr. Mook were pretty awesome, but this particular teacher was my favourite. Anyway, every few years I'd try to track her down, and never with any success...and then yesterday I get a friend request from her on Facebook. It's odd, because I never really thought to check fb to see if she was on it; though considering the sheer quantity of people who use it I probably should have. Anyway, now that the opportunity to talk to her is there...I'm not sure what to say. I think I'll just chalk it up to performance anxiety and leave it at that.

No comments: