20.11.08

Some days I'm a super bitch, up to my old tricks/But it won't last forever

So yesterday...was it yesterday? The whole overnight thing makes my days run together. Yes, it was yesterday. I get this phone call and I have no idea who it is, but it sounds like my ex-boyfriend *grumbles* who is not welcome to call me. Ever. So I'm unbearably rude and lying about my work schedule to try to get this person who I think is a total asshole off the phone when I finally realise that wait, this doesn't quite sound like him. So, being the brilliant person that I am, I got round to asking who it was. Turns out, it's one of my old co-workers from the other building at work. He was the only person over there to actually take an interest in me as a human being as opposed to, 'hey, great, it's another able body' so I apologised and whatnot. Small talk proceeded for a few minutes, and then he got down to what he was calling about. The conversation went something like this.
J: So, I don't know if you're seeing anyone, but we kind of had this rapport (a/n: yes, he really did use the word "rapport") while you were in B Building, so I was... (at this point I cut him off)
Me: Yes, I am seeing someone, but it's a little complicated.
J: Complicated how?
Me: He lives in Missouri.
J: Oh. Are you attached to him?
Me: Very.
J: This isn't going very well for me.
Then he hung up.
Wanna know the creepy part? He's married. Granted, his wife left him about two months ago to move in with a convicted child molester (and took their kid with her), but still...married men have no business asking out anybody who isn't their spouse, period.

Work is currently hell. Three people didn't show up this morning, and when you only have seven people scheduled, losing three is major. One girl is probably going to get fired *crosses fingers* because she keeps doing the no-call/no-show thing. Which is fine, because she's more of a hindrance than a help, but it's bad because we're soooo incredibly short staffed right now it's not even close to being funny.

I got back into contact with D. and K., who are the closest people to what I could ostensibly call friends in this town. We have very tentative plans for hanging out on Saturday, which will be cool if I actually go. I haven't spent time with them since I think April, so it's kind of overdue. They both work part-time where I work, but. D just quit after seven or eight years there. I don't blame him; if I could find a better job I'd take it, but in this economy I'm not going to risk anything unless it's for-sure, you know?

I asked my parents if they could take me out to dinner for my birthday, and they said...no. They decided that because my brother probably wouldn't agree to go, we wouldn't go. Keep in mind, they never asked him, and never asked me if I cared if he went. (I don't, if you care. I'd actually rather he didn't go because he'd sit and complain the whole time. How do I know this? Because it's what he's done for the past 5 years) So I'm a little bit peeved, but to be honest, I really shouldn't be surprised. Speaking of my parents...more reneging on their part, but I don't want to get into it because it'll make me cry and I've cried enough today already.

No comments: