13.9.08

I have faltered, I have stumbled/I have found my feet again

So I was reading this evening, and I thought that maybe an hour, at most two, had passed, and when I finally put my book down I found out I'd been reading for over four hours...It's a little bit embarassing, especially because it happens to me all the time. Ok, not all the time, but a lot.The world could literally come to a spectacular end, and I wouldn't notice.
So I used to take Ambien to help me sleep, but my doctor had me stop because I had started to see motion trails all the time, and he thought it was somehow connected. Well, it's been over two years now, and I'm still seeing motion trails. I'm not entirely sure what's going on there, but it's low on my priority list at the moment. I've got other things to deal with, like this thrice-damned headache. I'd condemn it more than three times, but there's no word for four times, at least not that I'm aware of.
Oh, and a British girl I know from high school helped me out with the Aga question; apparently it's a type of old-fashioned stove.
It's frustrating, you know? I was doing better, I really was, but...M., don't be mad, but I owe you $3. (At least it's 3 and not thirty, right?) And before you ask why I did it, I don't know. I just...had to. Granted, I always feel like I have to, but sometimes it's just too much to say no to.I guess I should consider myself fortunate that that particular situation doesn't arise very often.
So I read Twilight a while ago, and it wasn't as terrible as I was expecting, but it wasn't as good as I'd hoped. Granted, I'm fussy and nitpicky; but it was very well-written. It's just...it was very obviously written for people who read at the 8th-grade level, and that's...irritating. I like my books to offer a challenge, or to at least...not be easy. But if you're looking for a quick, easy, mostly engaging read, I'd say go for it. If you're looking for something a little more difficult and not that quick, I've got boatloads to recommend. All you have to do is ask.

No comments: