20.9.08

The world ends without a tragedy/Time is melting into history

I'm terribly excited. I get to see Nate in a few weeks, and then I get to see M. a few weeks after that. It's all I can do to not literally jump up and down with glee and excitement and a bit of nervousness. (Jumping up and down would be bad, because it would make the Headache worse)
Funny work story. So one of the clients, B., is more "with it" than most of the people who live there, but she's still...she's still there for a reason. Anyway, a few days ago, she had put a pan on the stove to cook something (which she's not allowed to do without supervision), and then, for some reason, took the pan off the stove and took it outside the apartment, where she then put it down on the floor. The carpeted floor. The synthetic carpeted floor. The aforementioned synthetic carpet promptly melted and started smoking and it set the fire alarms off, so they had to evacuate the building. There's a giant hole in the hallway carpet, and nobody knows just why she put the pan on the floor to begin with. Granted, this is the woman who flushes rubber gloves down the toilet for fun, but still. I'm just glad the carpet is made of synthetic fibers as opposed to natural ones, otherwise we probably would have had a fire on our hands. I say "our," but I wasn't actually there at the time, which is why I think the whole thing is funny. If I was there, and had to evacuate everybody, I doubt I would have gotten as much of a kick out of it.
I have a psychiatrist appointment on Thursday morning. I don't remember the exact time, which is bad, but I can call and find out. I'm kind of looking forward to it, because I like my psychiatrist, but at the same time I'm not, because as of late I haven't been tolerating any new medications very well and she'll probably want to try something else. Grar. I mean, there's always the chance that something will, in fact, work, which would be very nice indeed, but somehow I doubt that'll happen any time soon. Wish me luck, people.

No comments: