16.9.08

If you want me/Come and find me

Not a whole lot better from yesterday, though I was able to vent a little bit when I went to pick up my brother from school. He was in a particularly bad mod, and when he directed it at me I told him to either shape up or get out of the car. It's about a two mile walk, so he got real quiet and stared out the window for the rest of the ride home.
CHALICE CAME OUT TODAY! I'm going to order it from Amazon eventually, but I have so many other new books to read...it absolutely kills me. *grumbles* I'm sure I'll survive, but it's not my idea of fun to put off getting a book I've been anxiously awaiting for a YEAR.
So I got hold of this show called "Hex", which is actually rather interesting. I'm enjoying it so far; I've seen the first four episodes (there were only 20 or 21 made) and it's remarkably well-done. It's...well, I suppose it could be considered a British version of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, except there aren't any vampires and there isn't any slaying. So I'm not sure what to compare it to, exactly, or even how to describe it except that it's dark and grim and very well-written. And it's British, did I mention that? Hence my liking it. They even killed off a main character in the very first episode. How do I know she's a main character? It's...complicated. But cool.
It's over seventy degrees outside right now, I feel like I'm going to melt. Yesterday it was a glorious 55 degrees--at the hottest point of the day. I don't know where the nice weather went, but it's miserable outside now. *pouts*
I feel a bit awkward at the moment. Yesterday apparently I was instant messaged by someone I haven't seen in three or four years (I haven't kept track because I never particularly cared), but I didn't get the message till today. I felt a bit bad, so I replied. It's just...well, this particular fellow and I were never exactly friends, more like the smile-and-nod-politely-in-the-person's-general-direction type acquaintances. He's my brother's friend, kind of, though he and my brother were never exactly close, either. It's just all a bit weird, especially since we first met in high school, and I'd much rather not have any connection whatsoever to my high school existence. He wasn't a bad guy, mind you, but...I guess I always categorised him as a "all that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"type.
Oh, well. Can't have everything, now, can I?

No comments: