13.8.08

Again and again I try/To understand the demons inside

The shit is going to hit the fan tomorrow. I think. I get to tell someone what I've been thinking for the past 3 weeks or so, and things probably aren't going to go well. In my defense, though, I really don't think I want to be friends with someone who treats people as callously as he does.
I am so tired. I'm kind of missing the not-sleeping phase, because at least then I was wide awake all the time. Now I'm just a little groggy, and that's not fun. It keeps me from doing much at all, since I'm too out of it to think completely straight.
Good heavens, what I wouldn't give for a shoulder rub right now. I carry all my stress in my shoulders, and any and all stress-relieving techniques last for maybe 15 minutes, which means I usually just don't bother. I've had a minor headache for the past 2 years because of it. It's become fairly easy to ignore, but it's still there and lesser nuisances have a way of becoming big nuisances if left alone too long.
I got flashed at work this morning. 'Nuff said.
I'm kind of excited for therapy tomorrow, since I'm starting the second facet/module/branch/thingy/whatever of DBT three weeks early. Starting it early is huge, because it's rare. I usually don't catch on to abstract concepts terribly quickly, either, and it's supposed to take 8 weeks to go through each segment. I'm kind of nervous about this next one, too, though, because it's the one about interpersonal relationships and how to keep from blasting them into oblivion and I have a really hard time not doing that. I don't want to keep doing it, either--especially not now. There are a couple of people in my life I really, really don't want to lose, but if I'm not careful, I might. *sighs* So we'll see what happens.

No comments: