14.8.08

These colors come alive/In your heart and in your mind

It's a good day. Despite a nasty phone call, which I have to admit is partly my fault. I didn't say things quite the way I intended to, but my point came across. In my defense, I had literally just been woken up, so...yeah.
Work is done for several days, and I'm happy about that. It's always nice to have a few days off, especially now that I'm back in touch with friends and can spend my free time talking to them.
I got some good news just now, too. Very good news, and I'm....gosh, happy sounds lame.
D&D 4th edition is out, and I'm not a huge fan, just because I really like 3.5 and am just finally getting the hang of all the piddly little details. Plus I have most of the books, and now I'll have to go out and get all the new 4 books instead, and at $25 a pop, that's not something I'm hugely keen on. Everybody I've talked to says the changes are great and the new edition is totally worth it. I'm not sure, but it's probably because I'm not a huge fan of change. I'd be happy with 3.5 for all eternity, but I know a lot of people wouldn't be. Besides, it's not like there's anybody here I can play with, since nobody in this town has even freaking HEARD of D&D. Which is depressing.

No comments: