1.8.08

I will overcome/their violence, your silence/although I'm coming undone

So gas is down to $3.67 a gallon, which is good. My meds aren't working, which is bad. But then, since when have my meds worked? Answer: never. So that really isn't a change worth mentioning.
Sorry it's been so long, but I kind of crashed and burned. Turns out I'm bipolar (explains a whole hell of a lot, doesn't it?), and went into a manic phase for a couple of months and then went downhill to the point where, in June, I had to be hospitalised for 10 days. Fun, fun. Didn't help a whole lot, but at least now I know what day it is, and that's an improvement. Right? Isn't it?
I'm kind of disappointed in A. He told me various things a couple weeks ago, and they hurt. A lot. And now I'm just angry. Nothing quite like someone telling you that you can't ever be friends with them again, but they could be put upon to be friendly towards you if you really wanted and if they worked hard at it. No explanation was given, no reasons stated. Just, "I can't be friends with you." Which sucks.
Ok, ok, I realise I do this to people too, but I'm getting better at not doing it. I'm in therapy to prevent it. I care enough about it to want to try to fix it, and I'm willing to at least TRY to be friends with people, with some notable (read: abusive, manipulative bastards) exceptions.
On a slightly brighter note, the Black Symphony is coming to DVD in September, which is now technically next month. OMG, when I found out I almost squealed like a fangirl (no offense, Bekah). Oh, right. You probably don't know what the Black Symphony is. See, the greatest band in the world (IMHO), Within Temptation, did this concert in the Netherlands backed up by an orchestra and a classical choir. I would have given a kidney, part of my liver, and both legs to have been there, but since the DVD is being released I at least get to keep my body parts. Plus, bond is releasing a new CD, as is Brave St. Saturn.
AND, some of my favorite authors (ok, most of them) have books coming out in the next 2 months: Robin McKinley, Terry Pratchett, Neil Gaiman, Elizabeth Peters, George RR Martin, and Kathy Reichs. Gah, I'm so excited.

No comments: