3.8.08

Did you hear the news today?/I'm not coming home, no

I go back to work tomorrow. It's been a long 4 (well, ok, 3 and 1/2) days. Thank God for M. and C. and T., because they made the length seem a little bit shorter. I'm not looking forward to going back to work, either, mind you; but at least there'll be something to do.
My two brothers each have two friends coming this week: 3 arrive on Tuesday and one on Thursday, and they all think I'm a freak. Not in a good way, either. So I have to deal with that, too.
I drove my dad up to the airport today, since he's got meetings in Guatemala until Thursday. He was going to take the car and just park it there, but when my mom and I pointed out that that would necesitate one of us not going to work for the whole week due to lack of transportation, he realised his idea wasn't exactly a brillant one, and so changed his mind. Hence the driving. It was nice to get out of the house and just drive relatively aimlessly for 3 hours (well, technically 6, since it was a round trip). I thought about stopping in at the Mall o' A. for an hour or two, but then I remembered I didn't have mom's cell phone to tell her I'd be home late, and she tends to panic if I'm more than 10 minutes late. It would have been fun, though. I haven't been there since I was a wee lass of 10. Maybe next time, or maybe not. We'll see.
It's about 90 degrees right now, and since I don't have airconditioning, I feel like I'm melting into the ground, which is gross.

Oh, and I haven't cried yet today.

No comments: